This simple everyday salad comes together in minutes and is incredibly satisfying
It’s the perfect pairing for almost any weeknight main, but top it with protein and – voilà – it becomes the main itself. If you don’t have dill or chives on-hand, simply swap them out for another herb.
How to Make It
- 2 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp maldon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 small heads boston or bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1/4 cup chives, cut into 1/2-in pieces
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add sesame and cumin seeds. Cook, stirring often, until sesame seeds are golden-brown and cumin is fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in nutritional yeast and maldon salt. Season with coarsely ground black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Whisk lemon juice with tahini, oil, kosher salt, zest and garlic in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Divide lettuce and herbs between 4 plates. Drizzle with dressing then sprinkle with sesame seed-mixture.