- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may set your preferences through Your Account.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve CDS’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on CDS sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
CDS’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of CDS’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any CDS products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
See our Privacy Notice for more information about the types of information we gather.
Interest-based ads are sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads. We show interest-based ads to display features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
What sort of information do we use to show interest-based ads?
To serve you interest-based ads, we use information such as your interactions with CDS sites, content, or services. We do not use information which on its own identifies you, such as name or e-mail address, to serve interest-based ads.
See our Privacy Notice for more information about the types of information that we gather.
How do we work with third parties to show you interest-based ads?
We work with third parties, such as advertisers, publishers, social media networks, search engines, ad serving companies, and advertising companies working on their behalf, to improve the relevance of ads we serve. In providing you interest-based ads we do not associate your interactions on unaffiliated sites with information which on its own identifies you, such as name or email address, and we do not provide any such information to advertisers or to third-party sites that display our interest-based ads. Advertisers and other third parties may assume that users who interact with or click on an interest-based ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards (for example, users in a particular geographical area or users who purchased or browsed for classical music). Some third-parties may provide us pseudonymized information about you (such as demographic information or sites where you have been shown ads) from offline and online sources that we may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.