Protein-packed and inexpensive at most stores, tinned tuna is the unsung hero of the weekday lunch, in our opinion.
We recommend choosing a tuna packed in olive oil, as the fat and protein from the tinned tuna will mingle beautifully with the mayonnaise, pepperoncini, celery and chives in our salad.
How to Make It
- 1 can (5.64 oz/ 160 g) good-quality solid light tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3 to 4 tbsp mayonnaise, divided
- 1 ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large pepperoncini, stems and seeds removed, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 small celery stalk, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large, thick crusty bread slices, thinly sliced radishes and microgreens, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine tuna with 3 tbsp mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add pepperoncini, celery, and chives. Stir in remaining 1 tbsp mayonnaise, if desired. Season with fresh pepper.
- To serve, divide among bread slices. Top with radishes and microgreens. Serve with additional pepperoncini.