When you have a few extra hours, marinating your cherry tomatoes with good-quality olive oil and a handful of basil leaves will lend them a fresh, summertime flavor.
Once marinated, combine them with chickpeas and parsley for a protein-packed side salad you’ll crave at every meal.
How to Make It
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 7 basil leaves, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 15 oz (425 g) can of chickpeas
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar=
- Kosher salt to taste
- Combine tomatoes, basil, and 1 tbsp oil in a large bowl. Cover the top with plastic wrap. Set aside, at room temperature, to marinate for up to 4 hours.
- Add chickpeas and parsley when ready to serve.
- Whisk together the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil with vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt. Pour mixture over tomato salad. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving vessel then garnish with remaining herbs, if desired.