If you struggle to find time to prepare breakfast before your workday starts, you’re certainly not alone.
Our solution? This make-ahead granola that comes together in a matter of minutes. It’s delicious spooned over seasonal fruit or yogurt and can even hold its own as an alternative cereal for breakfast. Plus, cocoa nibs are rich in antioxidants while figs bring the fiber; so you’re packing in the health benefits from your first bite of the day.
How to Make It
- 1/2 cup natural shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 8 dried figs, diced
- 3 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cups oat flakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup raw creamed honey
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine pistachios with figs, cocoa nibs and salt in a medium bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add oats and cook, stirring often, until nutty in scent and lightly toasted, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl with the pistachio mixture.
- Return the same pan to medium heat. Add coconut and cook, stirring often, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to the same bowl with pistachio mixture.
- Melt honey in the same pan over medium heat. Once foaming, add all ingredients from the bowl. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is coated and honey is mostly absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a prepared baking sheet, spreading in a thin, even layer. Let cool completely until crisp to the touch, 30 minutes. Crumble into pieces before serving.
How to Store It
Granola will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.