Ever opt for a cookie or pastry during an afternoon slump simply because you didn’t have anything healthier on hand?
Until now, we won’t blame you–but once you have this energy bite recipe in your back pocket, there’s no excuse not to opt for the healthy and delicious choice. Our energy bites are not just packed with nutrients; they’re also filled with dates, cocoa nibs, coconut and pistachios to make for a nutty and flavorful treat that feels far more indulgent than it is.
How to Make It
- ½ cup natural shelled pistachios
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
- 12 Medjool dates, pits and stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup smooth natural almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, very finely chopped
- For the energy bites: pulse pistachios with coconut, cocoa nibs, and salt in the bowl of a food processor until finely chopped. Add dates and almond butter. Then, whirl until mixture is fully blended and holds when pressed into a ball, up to 1 minute.
- For the garnish: pour pistachios and coconut onto 2 separate plates. Set aside.
- Scoop 1 tbsp portions of date-mixture and roughly roll into balls. Working one at a time, roll half of the balls in pistachios, pressing firmly to adhere. Reroll each ball to regain shape. Repeat process with remaining balls and coconut.
How to Store It
Energy bites can be stored, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 1 week.