There’s nothing more grounding and delicious than a dinner replete with roasted root vegetables on a cold evening.
Our recipe calls for large beets, sweet potatoes, gold potatoes, and carrots, for a vibrant, vitamin-packed plate. Serve with a side of crusty bread and a drizzle of your finest olive oil.
How to Make It
- 2 large beets, cut into quarters
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into ½-in slices
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 2-in pieces
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped from stem
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the beets, sweet potatoes, potatoes and carrot together in a large roasting pan. Toss with olive oil and thyme leaves. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven, tossing occasionally, for approximately 30-40 minutes.