The key ingredient in our refreshing, modern twist on the classic Gin & Tonic is elderflower, which brings a light, floral sweetness to the tart and biting flavor of the gin.
Serving a gin & tonic with lemon, instead of lime, is our favorite trick for truly bringing out the gin’s botanicals. We’ve also garnished with mint–ideally fresh from your garden to tie together the summertime flavors. Santé!
How to Make It
- 1 oz gin, such as Beefeater
- 1 oz elderflower liqueur, preferably St Germain
- 2 mint leaves, torn, plus extra to garnish
- 1 small lemon wedge
- 4 oz Elderflower tonic water
- Edible flowers, to garnish (optional)
- Pour gin and liqueur into a lowball glass filled with ice. Tear over mint leaves, then squeeze over lemon wedge before adding to the glass. Add tonic water, stirring lightly to combine.
- Garnish with flowers and additional mint, if desired.